Parking Ban Information
Snow Emergency Parking Bans
When a snow emergency parking ban is declared, parking is prohibited on any way, street, or in any municipal parking lot within the jurisdiction of the City, except in those municipal parking lots designated as open for parking during snow emergencies.
Members of the general public, without 24/7 or Nights & Weekend parking permits, may park at no charge during snow emergency bans in the following parking lots:
- Community Center (Myrtle Street side only) - 189 Alfred Street
- Clifford Park - 130 Pool Street
- East Biddeford Little League - 292 Hill Street
- Public Access - 15 Columbus Way (Off of Pool Street)
The general public, without parking permits, may also park in the following lots during a snow emergency parking ban for a $5.00 fee per storm:
- Foss Street (Purple Lot)
- Across From Treatment Plant (Brown Lot)
- Gas House (Maroon Lot)
- Washington Street (Red Lot)
The Alfred Street Lot (Blue), Franklin Street Lots (Green/Yellow) and Lincoln Street Executive Lot WILL NOT be open to the general public during snow emergency parking bans.
Parking ban notices must be adhered to; vehicles must be moved by the time stated in the notices so that lots can be cleared. Vehicles not moved by the designated times will be towed at the owners’ expense. If your vehicle has been towed, please contact the Biddeford Police Department at (207) 282-5127.
Parking Procedures During a Snow Emergency Parking Ban for 24/7 and Nights and Weekend Parking Permit Holders ONLY
Permit Holders can stay in their parking lots for no additional charge. However, spaces will be available on a first-come, first served basis. If there is no space available to you when your arrive to your lot, please park in one of the other approved parking ban lots listed above.
- Alfred Street Lot (Blue Lot) Permit Holders: please park on the side closer to the bank.
- Franklin Street Lot (Green Lot) Permit Holders: An email with instructions on how to park will be sent prior to the parking ban.
- You must adhere to the parking ban notice and move your vehicle by the time stated for the parking ban so that the lot can be cleaned out. If your vehicle is not moved by the designated time, it will be towed at the owner’s expense.
Snow Removal Parking Bans
Snow Removal (pickup) Parking Bans are identified with NO PARKING signs posted along the roadway.
The Yellow signs have a starting time of 8:00 p.m. and the Orange signs have a starting time of 9:30 p.m. Both end at 7:00 a.m. on the following day.
Signs are placed during the morning before snow removal activity begins. Vehicles may park in any legal parking stall on any street that is not marked with NO PARKING signs AND not included in the Snow Removal Parking Ban.
Vehicles may also be parked in municipal parking lots during Snow Removal Parking Bans based on the permit parking program procedures. Currently, the $5 Snow Emergency Parking Ban Permits are not available during Snow Removal Parking Bans.
Vehicles that violate a Snow Removal Parking Ban will be towed at the owners’ expense.
Where can I find out if there is a parking ban?
- Call the 24/7 Parking Ban Hotline at 207-571-0616
- Visit the home page of www.biddefordmaine.org.
- Sign up to receive emails each time a parking ban is announced.
- Follow City Government Biddeford Maine on Facebook or @BiddMECity on Twitter.
- WCSH, Channel 6
- WMTW, Channel 8
- WGME, Channel 13
- Public Access, Channel 1301
- WBLM FM 102.9
- WLOB AM 1310
- WGAN AM 560
- WPOR FM 101.9
- WZAN AM 970
- WMGX FM 93.1