Instructions for Applying for a Building Permit
No Building Permit for a building or structure on any lot shall be issued except to the owner of record or their authorized agent.
The proposed construction or alteration of a building or structure shall comply in all respect with the provisions of the Zoning Ordinance of the City of Biddeford or with a decision rendered by the Board of Appeals or the Planning Board.
Any application for such a permit shall be accompanied by :
- 3 copies of a subsurface waste disposal system (HHE-200) provided to you by a Licensed Soil Evaluator or Soil Scientist
- Application fee of $60 (cash or check)
- Copy of a Deed or sales agreement for that property and a letter stating the applicant is an agent for the property
- Copy of plans drawn to scale and of sufficient clarity and detail to show the nature and character of the work to be performed, to include:
- Cross sections
- Floor plans (room dimensions square footage)
- Mechanical systems
- Electrical Permit application
- Flood Hazard Permit application, if required
- Internal Plumbing Permit application.
- Site plan drawn to scale showing the size and location of all new construction and all existing structures on the site, distance from lot lines and shall be drawn with the accuracy of a typical boundary line survey. If a structure is to be removed, the plot plan shall show all remaining structures.
Expiration of Permit
All Building Permits will expire 1 year from date of issue.