Biddeford Municipal Airport (B19) will undergo major runway resurfacing as well as runway and approach lighting replacement in the near future.
Local and transient aircraft are encouraged to coordinate alternative operating areas during the construction period, as the entire runway and flight safety area will be closed. Future updates will be provided as specific details become available.
Project Status (As of June 12, 2020):
- All design work for this project is now complete.
- Bidding of this project occurred from April 3, 2020 through May 1, 2020 at which time bids were opened publicly. The Low Bidder for the project is Sargent Corp. of Stillwater, ME with a bid price of $4,675,976.70.
- At this time Contracts have been circulated to all parties for signatures. Once under contract, Gale Associates, Inc. will work with the Contractor to prepare a construction schedule and start date.
- 100% of the project will be paid for through FAA grants awarded last year.
- Pending release of FAA funding, runway closure is scheduled take place on 7/13/2020 and open again on or around 10/5/2020.
- Prior to construction, Gale will schedule and conduct the required pre‐construction conference with all parties.
About the Biddeford Municipal Airport
The Biddeford Municipal Airport is a public use airport owned and operated by the City of Biddeford. It is conveniently located within the Airport Industrial Park, less than three miles from downtown Biddeford and just two miles from the highway.
The airport has one airstrip; Runway 6/24 which is 3,011 feet long and 75 feet wide with instrument approach procedures for RWY 6, which consists of an RNAV (GPS) and VOR approach procedures. There are two aprons available for pilots to tie down and one hangar available for pilots to rent space, on a monthly basis, for their aircraft. (Please call for hangar space availability)
Planning a Vacation or Business Trip
Fly in and stay at one of the local hotels. While you're here, explore the area and check out a few of the most popular destination points in Southern Maine or dine on some of the best seafood in the Northeast. Centrally located, near the coast, between Portland, ME and Portsmouth, NH, you will be able to explore all of the best things Southern Maine has to offer. Make the Biddeford Municipal Airport a destination point for you this year!
100 LL - $4.82 / gal.
(Updated on 07/30/2019)
Rental Car Services
Reserve a rental car, through Enterprise and have a vehicle waiting for you upon your arrival. You can pick up and drop off your rental car, right at the airport. Limited vehicles are kept on site. You may rent a vehicle upon arrival without prior reservations. All rental cars are owned by Enterprise and availability may be limited due to high demand, so please make reservations in advance, to ensure a rental car is waiting for you.
*Use the following information when making your reservationsonline
For Location, type in: Arundel, ME
For Promotional code or AccountNumber, type in: 10DD546
or Call (207) 985 - 7493 and tell the Enterprise customer service representative that you are flying into the Biddeford Airport and would like to rent a car and pick it up at the airport.
Twin City Taxi Service (open 24 hrs.)
(207) 284 - 7911
*Twin City Taxi, allows its customers flying into the Biddeford Municipal Airport to call ahead, so they may have a taxi waiting for them upon their arrival.
Hi5 Cab Taxi Service (open 24 hrs.)
(207) 303 - 9113
Maine Limousine Service
(207) 883 - 0222
(Distance & time are from the airport)
- Biddeford Motel - 1 mile / 3 min.
- Americas Best Value Inn - 2 miles / 6 min.
- Holiday Inn Express - 2 miles / 6 min.
- Sleepy hollow Motel - 2 miles / 7 min.
- Saco Motel - 4 miles / 11 min.
- Ramada Saco/Old Orchard Beach Area - 6 miles / 9 min.
- Hampton Inn Saco/Biddeford - 7 miles / 11 min.
- Ocean Walk Hotel - 9 miles / 22 min.
(Distance & time are from the airport)
- Downtown Biddeford - Less than 3 miles / 7 min.
- University of New England - 6 miles / 13 min.
- Kennebunk - 7 miles / 15 min.
- Ferry Beach - 8 miles / 19 min.
- Kennebunkport - 9 miles / 17 min.
- Funtown / Splashtown USA - 9 miles / 13 min.
- Biddeford Pool - 10 miles / 21 min.
- Old Orchard Beach - 10 miles / 18 min.
- Wells Beach - 14 miles / 30 min.
- Downtown Portland - 20 miles / 26 min.
- Ogunquit - 21 miles / 31 min.
- Kittery Outlets - 33 miles / 34 min.
- Freeport Outlets - 37 miles / 40 min.