Fiscal Year 2021 Budget
On Wednesday, May 20 at 3:00 p.m., City Manager James Bennett will be hosting a live Q&A on the proposed Fiscal Year 2021 budget using Zoom. Click here for instructions on how to participate in the Q&A. If you are unable to attend but have a question you would like answered, please send it in an email and we will make a recording available after the Q&A is complete.
Revised Fiscal Year 2021 Budget Information
The Fiscal Year 2021 Budget Process first began on Thursday, March 5 when the City Manager presented the budget proposal to the City Council.
Due to the current public health crisis, our Councilors and staff shifted away from budget work for a period of time in order to focus on the immediate needs of our residents. Additionally, priorities and considerations for the upcoming year have shifted in the face of our changing world. The City Manager presented a revised version of the budget to the City Council on May 12, 2020.
- May 5, 2020 City Council Workshop - COVID-19 Financial Impacts - Watch the City Manager present his predictions for anticipated budgetary impacts from the COVID-19 pandemic to the City Council. Major General Fund revenues are expected to fall well below budgeted estimates, including excise taxes and property tax collections. Additionally, the current state of the economy may impact the level of funding from the State of Maine for revenue sharing.
- COVID-19 Financial Impacts Presentation - May 5, 2020 - View the COVID-19 Financial Impacts Presentation in PDF format.
- May 12, 2020 City Council Workshop - Recommended strategy for FY21 budget adjustments - Watch the City Manager present his recommended strategy for FY21 budget adjustments in response to COVID-19, as well as his recommended FY21 operational strategy.
- FY21 Budget Adjustment Presentation - View the Budget Adjustment Presentation in PDF format.
2020 - 2021 School Budget Information
The School Budget is created by the Superintendent of Schools and the School Committee but is given final approval by the City Council and voters. Visit the Biddeford Schools website for detailed information on the 2020-21 Budget.
Original Fiscal Year 2021 Budget Information
This information is provided for historical purposes only.
- City Manager Budget Presentation (March 5, 2020 City Council Special Meeting) - Watch the City Manager present the original FY21 Proposed Budget to the City Council.
- City Manager FY21 Budget Summary Presentation (March 5, 2020) - View the original FY21 Budget Presentation in PDF format.
- FY21 Budget Overview Memo - Read a memo from the City Manager that includes a high-level overview of the original budget and a summary of significant changes in each department’s budget.
- Fiscal Year 2021 Budget Book - View the original Fiscal Year 2021 Budget Book. Click on the links on the first four pages to jump to a particular section.