Junior Camp Counselor
Position Title: Junior Camp Counselor
Reports To: Camp Director
Association: City of Biddeford
Rate of Pay: $12.00/hr.
Pay rate based on experience.
General Function: Responsible for helping to run daily children’s activities, playing games with the children and taking care of their needs. Help with general day-to-day operation of Safari Camp and supervision on trips. Responsible for the safety of participants in the summer camp program.
Know-How: Experience with recreation, camp programs and/or other youth related programs. Candidates must be at least 16 years of age.
Specific Skills: Ability to accept responsibility, works well with kids age 5-14, reliable, patient, understanding, sense of humor, able to handle discipline situation, firm and able to be a positive role model. CPR and First Aid preferred.
Equipment: All staff is required on a daily basis to have: watch, bathing suit, towel, and staff shirt (provided by department).
Waterfront: Staff must be prepared to enter the water each day. Staff is responsible for waterfront supervision as directed by the Camp Director or his/her designee
- Assist in the planning and implementation of daily activities.
- Assist in the preparation of the site before program opening.
- Helping to run daily fun activities for the kids.
- General supervision of the kids in the program.
- Attendance and supervision of the kids on trips.
- Preparation and clean up for the program each day.
- Attend all staff meetings and staff trainings.
- Be part of the rotation to provide after care coverage.
- Assist in any other duties deemed necessary by the director for the smooth operation of the program.
Effects on End Results:
Provide a safe and positive program experience for all participants.