Senior Camp Counselor
Position Title: Senior Camp Counselor
Reports To: Camp Director
Rate of Pay: $13.00/hr.
Pay rate is decided by education, certifications, and licenses as well as work-related experience.
General Function: Responsible for leading a specific program area to serve all age groups. Provide daily activities for senior counselors, individual group, taking care of the children’s needs. Be active with the children during activities. Provide direct supervision on all trips. Responsible for the safety of participants in the summer camp program.
Know How: Experience with recreation, camp programs and/or other youth related programs. Candidates must be at least 18 years of age.
Specific Skills: Ability to accept responsibility, works well with kids age 5-14, reliable, patient, understanding, sense of humor, able to handle discipline situation, firm and able to provide a positive role model. CPR and First Aid preferred.
Equipment: All staff are required on a daily basis to have: watch, bathing suit and towel, staff shirt (provided by department).
Waterfront: Staff must be prepared to enter the water each day. Staff is responsible for waterfront supervision as directed by the Camp Director or his/her designee.
- Responsible for the planning, and implementation of daily activities.
- Responsible for the planning, and implementation of specialty area.
- Assist in the preparation of the site before program opening.
- Aid in planning and implementation of special events.
- General supervision of the kids in the program.
- Provide direct supervision of the youth on all trips.
- Preparation and clean up for the program each day.
- Attend all staff meetings and staff trainings.
- Assist in any other duties deemed necessary by the director for the smooth operation of the program.
- Effects on End Results: Provide a safe and positive program experience for all participants.