The City of Biddeford, dubbed as Maine’s most resurgent community, is seeking a dynamic person to join the award-winning team of professionals as the newly created Deputy Director of Engineering. This is an incredible opportunity to become the leading candidate in the succession planning for the Director of Engineering. As an employee in Maine’s youngest community, you would become a key part of team that is guiding the economic revival of the community. You will need to be highly motivated, talented and have a great desire to make a difference in the daily lives of citizens to be successful in our fast paced and exciting work place.
Ideally located along the I-95 corridor, Biddeford is conveniently situated 15 miles south of Portland and 90 miles north of Boston. Just a few miles east of the city center lies a magnificent coastline with long stretches of sandy beaches framed by rocky promontories. You will not just be joining a great work place but become part of highly desired part of Maine.
The ideal candidate will perform complex analytical work, including design/plan review and engineering design work, office and field engineering/planning support for projects associated with Planning Permits and City programs ensuring technical competence and compliance and to manage the details of the City’s storm water program.
The Deputy Engineer reports directly to the City Engineer who reports to the Public Works Director and provides expert professional assistance to the Planning and Public Works Departments and City management staff.
Education and Experience:
- Graduation from a four-year college or university with a degree in civil engineering or a closely related field; and
- Minimum of five years previous civil engineering experience including at least one year work involving utilities; or
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess State of Maine Registration as a Professional Engineer.
- Most possess a valid Maine driver’s license; must have and maintain a good driving record.
The City of Biddeford is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer.
Please send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: Human Resources, City of Biddeford, PO Box 586, Biddeford, Maine 04005 or email Diana DePaolo.