Other COVID-19 Resources
The best way to get accurate, up-to-date information about coronavirus in our area is to sign up for Public Health Email Alerts from the Maine CDC.
Additionally, you can now contact 211 Maine to get answers to questions about coronavirus at any time. This service is available by dialing 211 (or 1-866-811-5695), texting your ZIP code to 898-211, or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Calls, texts, and emails to 211 are answered 24/7 by a person here in the state. 211 Maine is equipped to answer general questions about coronavirus, including how Maine people can best protect themselves, options for testing, and travel considerations. Anyone looking for specific medical advice regarding symptoms they may be experiencing is strongly urged to call their medical provider, an urgent care center, or 911, depending on the severity of their symptoms.
- Health information from the Biddeford School Department
- Maine CDC website
- US CDC website
- Information for MaineCare members
- Federal and Maine Income Tax Filing Deadlines Extended to July 15
- COVID-19 Fact Sheet
- Check Travel Advisories if considering travel
Patients with COVID-19 have had mild to severe respiratory illness with symptoms of:
- Shortness of breath
If you have symptoms that match the symptoms of coronavirus, stay home and call your primary care doctor. If you don’t have a primary care doctor, then call an urgent care facility. Do not visit any healthcare provider without giving advanced notice. They need time to prepare and consult with the Maine CDC.
Tips for Preventing the Spread of Illness
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. FMI: When and How to Wash Your Hands
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Practice "social distancing" - minimize contact with others to slow the spread. Learn more about what this means here.
Click here for information about preventing the spread of illness for non-native English speakers.