Most Council, Committee, Board and Commission meetings are held in a hybrid format. This means that the public can choose to participate in meetings either in person or remotely via Zoom. Meetings that are listed as "Live" on our website calendar can also be viewed on Public Access Channel 1301.
Zoom links are included on meeting agendas and on our website calendar for your convenience.
Remote Access FAQs
How can I use Zoom to watch and participate in a meeting?
- The instructions for joining each meeting will be posted in the description box for the meeting on our website calendar. You will need to click on the title of the meeting to access all of the details.
- You must register for a free Zoom account to join a City meeting. You must also download the Zoom application on your smartphone or computer.
- As a meeting viewer, you will not be shown on camera, and your microphone will be muted by default when you join the meeting.
I'm getting an error that I'm unable to join the meeting. What's going on?
The City only allows those using an authenticated Zoom account to join our public meetings. You will simply need to sign into your account before joining the meeting.
What controls should I use to participate in the meeting?
If you would like to participate during the meeting, click the "raise your hand" button at the bottom of the screen at the appropriate time for comment. The host of the meeting will see that you would like to participate and will be able to turn your mic on for you when it is your turn to speak.
If you have joined the meeting by phone only, you will need to use the following codes:
- *6 - Toggle mute/unmute
- *9 - Raise hand
Do I have to use Zoom to watch the meeting from home?
No, you can choose to watch a livestream of meetings on Public Access Channel 1301 or on our website. However, you will not be able to participate in meetings using these methods.
What if I want to submit comments without using Zoom to join a meeting?
You can submit comments to the City Council in several ways:
- Before or during the meeting, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Call the City Manager's Office at 207-284-9313 to give a verbal comment. This option is available until 4:00 p.m. on the day of the meeting.
If you would like to submit comments to another City committee, board, or commission, you may contact the appropriate committee directly. (Please note that items up for consideration by the Planning Board may have more specific guidelines for public comment. For more information, visit www.biddefordmaine.org/planning).