As of the City Council's adoption of the Remote Meeting Participation Policy in July 2021, all Council, Committee, Board and Commission meetings will be held in a hybrid format. The public will be able to choose to participate in meetings either in person or remotely via Zoom. We will continue to include Zoom links on meeting agendas and on our website calendar for your convenience. As always, meetings that are listed as "Live" on our website calendar can be viewed on Public Access Channel 1301.
If you are attending a meeting in person, please wear a face covering inside the building if you are not vaccinated against COVID-19, and use the provided hand sanitizer when entering the building.
Remote Access FAQs
How can I use Zoom to watch and participate in a meeting?
- The instructions for joining each meeting will be posted in the description box for the meeting on our website calendar. You will need to click on the title of the meeting to access all of the details.
- You will not need to register for a Zoom account, but you will need to download the Zoom application before the meeting in order to use the link.
- As a meeting viewer, you will not be shown on camera, and your microphone will be muted by default when you join the meeting.
What controls should I use to participate in the meeting?
If you would like to participate during the meeting, click the "raise your hand" button at the bottom of the screen at the appropriate time for comment. The host of the meeting will see that you would like to participate and will be able to turn your mic on for you when it is your turn to speak.
If you have joined the meeting by phone only, you will need to use the following codes:
- *6 - Toggle mute/unmute
- *9 - Raise hand
Do I have to use Zoom to watch the meeting?
No, you will still be able to watch a livestream of meetings as you usually would on Public Access Channel 1301 or on our website.
What if I want to submit comments without using Zoom to join a meeting?
You can submit comments to the City Council in several ways:
- Before or during the meeting, email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call the City Manager's Office at 284-9313 to give a verbal comment. This option is available until 4:00 p.m. on the day of the meeting.
If you would like to submit comments to another City committee, board, or commission, you may contact the appropriate committee directly. (Please note that items up for consideration by the Planning Board may have more specific guidelines for public comment. For more information, visit www.biddefordmaine.org/planning).