The City of Biddeford is an innovative leader that has made an incredible evolution from mill town to a youthful, exciting community. As the City grows and turns its focus to support employees in their wellness, work/life balance and personal growth, our police department is doing the same and looking for candidates who are excited to be a part of this change.
Our goal is to find qualified, progressive, and motivated career-oriented individuals to work in an active, forward-thinking department that responds to over 26,000 calls per year. The department operates with the most state-of-the-art equipment and has a strong focus on training and development.
Eligible candidates must:
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Successful completion of the ALERT test
- Pass a physical agility test, human resource profile assessment, polygraph examination, and medical evaluations and other testing
Benefit Package Highlights
- *Lateral entry up to the 10-year pay step of $35.18 per hour*
- Starting pay of $29.50 per hour
- 25 years, no age, 2/3 Salary MainePers Defined Benefit Retirement Plan
- Student loan repayment program
- Health Insurance with an HRA to cover deductible and copay costs
- Dental, Vision, and Disability insurances available
- 457 Deferred Compensation and Roth IRA Plans available
- Medical/Dependent Flexible Savings Account
- Retirement Health Savings Account with 100% City match
- No residency requirement
- Free wellness app for employees and their dependents with behavioral health counseling via phone or messaging included
Biddeford is conveniently situated 15 miles south of Portland and 90 miles north of Boston. Just a few miles east of the city center lies a magnificent coastline with long stretches of sandy beaches framed by rocky promontories. Biddeford has experienced an economic revival centered on a nationally-recognized creative community in our downtown, recently exemplified in the Heart of Biddeford’s selection as a 2022 recipient of the Great American Main Street Award (GAMSA), and Food & Wine Magazine’s ranking of Biddeford’s food scene as among America’s best. The City has been proactive in working with the private sector to stimulate more than $100 million in private investment over the last decade, with an additional $200 million of new mixed-use private investment, including just over 1,100 residential units, planned to be developed in the near term.