Summer Camp Counselor
The City of Biddeford, which is experiencing exciting growth, has openings for the Recreation Departments Summer Camp programs. Camp Counselors are responsible for day-to-day operations. They manage the care and safety of participants in the program and supervise the campers. Most importantly our counselors should be able to balance a fun experience for the children while maintaining professionalism and safety. Preference will be given to applicants with experience working with kids and/or summer camp.
We expect our counselors to have patience, understanding, a sense of humor, ability to interact appropriately with children, enforce policies and be a positive role model!
Requirements of Work:
· Actively participate and lead a group of campers.
· Ability to safely monitor campers at all times.
· Act as a responsible role model and create a safe, positive, fun experience for campers.
· Must enjoy the company of kids, the outdoors, and having FUN!
· Communicate with staff, campers, and parents.
· Collaborate and work with group leader(s).
· Daily operations (sign in/sign out).
· Assist with the planning and implementing fun games and activities.
· Maintain cleanliness of all facilities that the camp uses for its operation.
· Ability to interpret, comprehend, and effectively carry out written and verbal directions.
· Must be creative and an optimistic problem solver.
Monday – Friday (NO CAMP 7/4)
June 13-August 12 (6/13-6/17 mandatory pre-camp training).
*Option to work for “Caravan Camp” August 15-August 26
Scheduled Shifts—7:30am-3:30pm OR 8:30am-4:30pm OR 9:00am-5:00pm
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $16.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Childcare: 1 year (Preferred)
- First Aid Certification (Preferred)
- CPR Certification (Preferred)