- Human Resources
- Employment Opportunities
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Coordinator
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Coordinator
The City of Biddeford is committed to employee wellness and work/life balance. We have moved to a four day (36 hour) work week recently and are excited to find individuals interested in this schedule! Additionally, we have just implemented remote work and flex schedule policies!
The City of Biddeford, as an employer and as a community, is committed to making DEI a continuous priority. This position will encompass all DEI initiatives, and is responsible for moving the City’s DEI agenda forward in strategic and innovative ways. The DEI Coordinator will work collaboratively with Department Heads, Council and citizens.
- Manage internal and external DEI committees with assistance from the HR Director and Assistant to the City Manager
- Collaborate with the HR Director to assess current hiring and employment practices and make recommendations for improvement
- Coordinate DEI based events to celebrate various holidays, traditions and diversity
- Measure and analyze data to present objectively to stakeholders and to create measurable City wide goals
- Plan and coordinate robust diversity and inclusion training programs so that staff can better provide services and work together
- Research and bring nationwide best practices to the City to better meet its DEI goals
Two to five years of related experience and/or a Bachelor’s degree from college or university in human resource management, social work, psychology, social justice and diversity, sociology, public policy, or a related field preferred.
We offer health insurance which comes with a City funded HRA that covers your full deductible, vision and dental, state pension, retirement health savings, other retirement options such as a 457 or Roth IRA, student loan reimbursement program and ample PTO as well as a serious commitment to employee growth/development and work life balance!
Will remain open until filled, but scheduling of interviews will begin March 23rd
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $54,000.00 - $70,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion: 1 year (Preferred)
- Municipal/Government: 1 year (Preferred)