The Biddeford City Council will hold a public hearing at its City Council meeting on Tuesday, September 1, 2020 at 6:00 p.m., to consider the following matters:
Order Authorizing $10,000,000 of City of Biddeford General Obligation Bonds for Separating and Improving the City’s Storm and Sanitary Sewer Systems
Order Authorizing $10,000,000 of City of Biddeford General Obligation Bonds for Miscellaneous Infrastructure and Building Improvements/Repairs, as follows:
- $3,750,000 for improvements to roads, sidewalks and drainage systems,
- $3,750,000 for repairs and improvements to City Hall building,
- $1,250,000 for repairs and improvements to J. Richard Martin Community Center building,
- $500,000 for repairs and improvements to other City buildings,
- $750,000 for repairs and improvements to City properties other than buildings.
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, the City Council will not meet in person but will conduct the public hearing and meeting using Zoom, a video conference tool. The public will not be allowed to attend the meeting in person. However, the meeting may be viewed live on the City’s Public Access Channel 1301 or on our website. Copies of the proposed orders are available on the City’s website. Questions or comments on the proposed orders may be submitted by e-mail to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also submit comments by phone by calling 207-284-9020 before 4:00 p.m. on the day of the meeting.
Second reading and consideration of final action by the City Council will take place following the public hearing.