Voting on Election Day
All voting on Election Day will take place at the Biddeford High School Tiger Gym, located on Maplewood Avenue. The poll will be open from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Parking is available in the large parking lot across the street from the Tiger Gym, as well as some limited “Voter Parking” right on Maplewood Avenue. Disability Parking is located in the parking lot adjacent to the Tiger Gym and is accessible via the Main Street entrance. Signs for parking will be posted on Election Day.
Voter Registration will take place inside the Center of Technology building, which will be located on your right as you approach the Tiger Gym and will be labeled with signage.
Please take note of the following restrictions that will be in place at the poll for the health and safety of Biddeford voters and ward workers:
- A maximum of 25 voters will be allowed in the polling place at a time.
- Voters are asked to wear masks/face coverings.
- While waiting in line, voters will need to maintain a 6-foot distance from others.
- Voting booths will also be spaced to allow for social distancing.
- Once their ballots have been cast, voters are asked to promptly leave the polling place. Any congregating with other voters should be done outside.
Returning Absentee Ballots
Please note that ballots cannot be returned to the polling place on Election Day (November 3), but can be returned in person in the City Clerk’s Office or in the drop box. Absentee ballots must be received by 8:00 p.m. on November 3, 2020.
Track Your Ballot
The State of Maine now offers an online tool to track the status of your absentee ballot. Voters must enter their name, date of birth, and city of residence to check on the progress of their ballot. They will see a grid that will show whether their request was accepted or rejected by the clerk, as well as the date it was delivered to the voter, and the date when the completed ballot was returned to the clerk.
Registering to Vote
You are able to register to vote at the polls on Election Day, with the correct proof of residency.
The State of Maine allows you to use any of the following for identification to register to vote:
- Government-issued photograph identification document or credential. A government-issued photograph identification document or credential, including, but not limited to, a current and valid United States passport, military identification, driver’s license or state identification; or
- Other government-issued identification document. A government-issued identification document without a photograph, including, but not limited to, a certified birth certificate or a signed social security card; or
- Other official documents. An official document, including, but not limited to, a document confirming eligibility determinations for public benefits, a utility bill, a bank statement, a government check, a paycheck or other government document that shows the name and address of the voter; or
- Maine ID or Driver’s License number, or last four of your social security number, if it is already in our computer system.