Wright-Pierce will be conducting a smoke test of portions of the City's sanitary sewer system. This survey will assist our inspection crews in locating breaks and defects in the sewer system.
The smoke you may see coming from building vent stacks, building roof leaders, the ground, or manholes is NON-TOXIC, NON-STAINING, HAS NO ODOR, IS WHITE TO GRAY IN COLOR, AND CREATES NO FIRE HAZARD. Please do not be alarmed if you see this smoke in places shown in the graphic below.
Homeowners will receive notices in the form of door hangers prior to testing in their area. If the area near your home is set to be tested, please take note of the following:
- The smoke should not enter your home unless you have defective plumbing or dried up plumbing traps.
- It is advisable for the homeowner to pour a gallon of water into floor drains/other plumbing fixtures after notice is received of nearby testing.
- If smoke enters your home or business, this is an indicator that sewer gases may also be entering your home or business. You should notify work crews if this occurs. If you are not home and discover smoke when you return, please call the contact below.
- If there is any individual in your home or business who has respiratory problems and is immobile, please call the contact below prior to testing.
- Please be advised that weather, weekends, and holidays may extend the announced testing schedule.
CONTACT: Steve Guerrette or Alex Liptak @ 207-725-8721
Testing during the week of November 30 is set to take place on the following streets. (Note: work will be completed as weather permits.)
- Lafayette Street
- Cleaves Street
- Pool Street (Trix Lane to Pike Street)
- Simard Avenue
- Gove Street
- Eastview Court
- Miller Avenue
- Cadorette Avenue
- Judge Street (Cleaves Street to Clifford Street)
- George Street
- Clifford Street (Cleaves Street to Judge Street)
- Tibbetts Avenue
- Pinette Avenue
- Parent Avenue
- Freeman Street
- Buckleys Court
- Mitchell Lane
- Bristol Street
- Pike Street
- Acorn Street
- Oak Street
- Vine Street
- Ivy Street
- Harmon Street
- Granite Street (Vine Street to Sheltra Avenue)
- Water Street (Piersons Lane to WWTF)
- High Street
- School Street
- Sullivan Street
- Bacon Street (High Street to Hill Street)
- Foav Court
- Piersons Lane (Water Street to Jefferson Court)
- Hill Street (Water Street to Acorn Street)
- Pool Street (Hill Street to Oak Street)
- Middle Street
- Oak Street
- Chapel Street
- Jefferson Court
- Piersons Lane (Portions near Jefferson Court)
- Emery Street
- Foss Street (Main Street to King Street)
- Main Street (Hill Street to Foss Street)
- Bacon Street (Foss Street to Hill Street)
- King Street
- Poll Street (Foss to Hill Street)
If time permits, testing will continue on the following streets:
- Main Street (Alfred Street to Elm Street)
- Adams Street (Main Street to Jefferson Street)
- South Street (Adams Street to Williams Court)
- Crescent Street
- Graham Street (Near Crescent Street)
- Green Street (Crescent Street to Mason Street)
- Shevenell Court
Please note that this schedule is subject to change.