The City Council passed the second and final reading of the Fiscal Year 2022 Budget at the June 15 City Council meeting. The budget was adjusted by $182,329.46 to add funding for four additional firefighter positions.
With this change, the tentative tax rate is $19.98. This is a $0.07 decrease from FY21. Please note that the tax rate is expected to change when the Assessor's Office completes its property revaluation; however, the total amount of revenue that will be collected to fund the budget will not change.
* * * * *
Each year, the City Manager works with the Finance Director and each of the departments to develop a fair and reasonable budget proposal that meets the City’s needs.
On March 2, the City Manager presented the proposed budget to the City Council. The presentation discussed the impact that COVID-19 had on the current fiscal year budget and its possible impacts on the FY22 budget, the property valuation challenges for FY22, and the City Manager’s suggested approach for dealing with the FY22 budget.
- Watch the FY22 Budget Presentation (March 2, 2021)
- View the FY22 Budget Presentation - PDF
- Watch an In-Depth Overview of the General Fund Budget (March 4, 2021)
- In-Depth FY 22 Budget Presentation - PDF
- FY22 Budget Book
- Department Head Presentations Part 1: Communications Division, City Clerk/Elections/Health & Welfare, Planning & Development, Recreation, Public Works/Wastewater Treatment Plant/Engineering, Information Technology/GIS
- Department Head Presentations Part 2: Assessing, Police Department/Communications, Fire Department, Human Resources, Finance, Code Enforcement/Inspections/Emergency Management
- Department Head Presentation Highlights
- Watch the Biddeford School Department Budget Presentation (March 16, 2021)
- View the Biddeford School Department Budget Presentation - PDF
- Watch Municipal Service Agencies Present Budget Requests (March 22, 2021)
- View Municipal Service Agency Budget Requests & Presentations - PDF
- Watch an Overview of Revenues and Non-General Fund Budgets (March 25, 2021)
- View Presentation on Revenues and Non-General Fund Budgets - PDF