CITY OF BIDDEFORD
Planning and Development Department Notice of Public Hearing
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
Community Development Block Grant (CDBG)
1. CDBG Year 5 Action Plan – First Hearing
2. CDBG Year 4 Action Plan Amendment
Wednesday, March 9, 2022
& 30-day Comment Period
Please be advised that a Public Hearing has been scheduled by the Citizens’ Advisory Committee for Wednesday, March 9, 2022 via Zoom for the purpose of obtaining citizen comment regarding two items:
- CDBG Year 5 Action Plan – First Hearing
- CDBG Year 4 Action Plan Amendment
This Public Hearing is pursuant to Biddeford’s participation in the program noted above. For the Year 5 Action Plan, this is the first of two public hearings. The Year 4 amendment will have only one public hearing.
Additionally, there is a 30-day comment period for input regarding these programs from February 16, 2022 to March 17, 2022.
CDBG Year 5 Action Plan
The following programs will be reviewed:
- Continuation of the 2- to 4-unit owner-occupied residential rehab program
- Expansion to allow nonprofits to apply both within the designated Census tracts and citywide*
- Expansion to allow applications eligible owner-occupied properties outside the designated Census tracts*
- ADA Accessibility Improvements
- City Hall interior*
- City Hall exterior
- Other facilities
- Sidewalks, intersections, and curb ramps
- Bus stops
- Public Service activities
CAC will also review additional areas of focus for the group and financial needs.
*See below, these items are being considered in the amendment to the current year’s Action Plan (July 2021 to June 2022).
CDBG Year 4 Action Plan Amendment
The following amendments are being proposed:
- 2- to 4-unit residential rehab program
- Expansion to allow applications from nonprofits both within and outside the designated Census tracts
- Expansion to allow applications from eligible owner-occupied properties outside the designated Census tracts
- Diverting some funds from the rehab program to a program for ADA Accessibility Improvements at City Hall
The amendment document can be viewed on the Community Development page or by clicking here.
If you provide comment via email, mail, or phone, please state whether you are commenting on the Year 5 Plan, Year 4 Amendment, or both. Provide input in writing by email to Abigail Smallwood (firstname.lastname@example.org), Community Development Coordinator or mail to Biddeford Planning and Development, c/o Abigail Smallwood, PO Box 586, Biddeford, Maine 04005. Physical mail must be received by the final day of the comment period to be considered. Questions may also be answered through the same contact. You may also provide verbal comments at the Public Hearing or by calling Abigail Smallwood at 207-284-9115.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, individuals who need assistance participating in the Public Hearing should contact Abigail Smallwood at 207-284-9105. Those needing assistance due to language barriers may use the same contact or fill out this translation assistance form on the city website.